Dr Anurag Sekra
MBBS MD FRACP
Anurag Sekra is a specialist gastroenterologist who consults at Marina Specialists on Thursday mornings.
Appointments are made by phoning Marina Specialists on 09 534 4040.
Anurag is a New Zealand trained Gastroenterologist who was born and brought up in India. He went to medical school in Amlaty, Kazakhstan. He can converse in Hindi and Russian. He came to NZ to undergo his basic and advanced training in general medicine in Hamilton. Following this he underwent specialist training in gastroenterology in Auckland. Anurag has a broad range of experience in all aspects of gastroenterology, with a particular interest in therapeutic endoscopy, newer endoscopic imaging techniques like chromoendoscopy and virtual chromoendoscopy, and IBD (inflammatory bowel disease).
Anurag’s areas of expertise:
- Endoscopy – Diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy and colonoscopy
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection and Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection
- Chromoendoscopy and virtual chromoendoscopy
- Wireless capsule endoscopy
- Bowel cancer screening
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (GORD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Liver disease
- Coeliac disease
- Kazakh National Medical University, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- General Medicine basic and advanced training, Waikato
- Gastroenterology and hepatology advanced training, Auckland
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and Interventional Endoscopist, Middlemore Hospital
- Clinical Head, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Middlemore Hospital